By Expedia Team, on July 18, 2023
Join us for a “Travel Hacks” #ExpediaChat on July 26, 2023 at 11:00 AM Pacific Time (PT)/2:00 PM Eastern Time (ET). Chat with @Expedia about your favorite travel hacks and tips. We’re giving away $2,000 worth of OneKeyCash™ to six (6) lucky winners.
To join, search and follow the #ExpediaChat hashtag during these times. Our hosts will ask a series of questions relating to the topic and you can interact with the community to discuss each one. For your chance to win a prize, make sure you are following one of the following accounts on Twitter @Expedia or @Hotelsdotcom or @Vrbo, using the hashtags #ExpediaChat, #OneKey and #Sweepstakes, and tweeting at least once to be entered into the random drawing at the end of the chat. You don’t have to be a frequent Twitter user to join in the chat. You can follow the hashtags by simply using Twitter Search. Stay abreast of the sweepstakes rules by viewing the Expedia Twitter Sweepstakes Official Rules, which are reposted for each new #ExpediaChat.
No Purchase Necessary. A Purchase Will Not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Expedia, Inc., 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA 98119 (“Sponsor”).
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 11:00 AM PT and ends at 12:00 PM PT on July 26, 2023. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don’t already follow @Expedia, @Hotelsdotcom, or @Vrbo on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/Expedia, or https://twitter.com/hotelsdotcom, or https://twitter.com/vrbo, and click on the icon to follow @Expedia, @Hotelsdotcom, or @Vrbo. Once you are following @Expedia, @Hotelsdotcom, or @Vrbo respond to @Expedia’s Sweepstakes question with the hashtags #ExpediaChat, #OneKey, and #Sweepstakes. There is a limit of one (1) response per question per person (each response an “Entry”). Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. If you attempt to obtain an entry by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes.
6. Drawing: After the Entry Period, at approximately 5:00 pm PT at Expedia’s office at 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA, 98119, Sponsor will select six (6) potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winners: Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by the brand they followed to enter via direct message on Twitter and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area code), date of birth, email address, and may be required to complete a Declaration of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within five (5) days of the date appearing on the prize notification. In order to receive a direct message from Sponsor, you must (a) be following @Expedia or @Hotelsdotcom or @Vrbo and (b) have your account settings set to “unprotected” and/or “public.”
If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; (b) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (c) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the applicable Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential Prize winner). Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by direct message on Twitter within three (3) business days of the drawing. Only three (3) alternate entrants per prize will be contacted for the prize. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
8. Prize(s): Six (6) winners will each receive a Prize (“Prize”) of $2,000 USD OneKeyCash deposited into their One Key account.
Total Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of all the prizes is $12,000 USD.
OneKeyCash will be deposited within thirty (30) days after winner acceptance of Prize and will expire 18 months from the date of the deposit. OneKeyCash is subject to the terms and conditions of the One Key program (One Key Terms and Conditions | Expedia), is not redeemable for cash and can only be used on Expedia, Hotels.com and Vrbo. OneKeyCash can be used on ‘Pay Now’ bookings only and participating vacation rentals where the booking is completed in US dollars. OneKeyCash may only be used on select flights – details of whether the flight is available for OneKeyCash redemption will be made available on the checkout page. If the flight is eligible, you will need enough OneKeyCash to cover the entire cost of your flight, including taxes and fees, and may not add any optional extras like checked bags or seat assignments. You can purchase those extras after booking your ticket. OneKeyCash is not transferable to other members, but you can redeem OneKeyCash on eligible bookings in someone else’s name.
9. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person who seeks to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) any errors on the Twitter platform that may prevent an entrant from entering or receiving direct messages; (d) printing errors; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Sponsor may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Sweepstakes, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights as follows: https://www.expedia.com/lp/lg-privacypolicy
12. Disputes: You agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of Washington. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
13. Results: Within five (5) business days of verification, Sponsor will announce the winner on the following page: https://www.expedia.com/stories/expedia-social-media-winners